Hong Kong has a very strong banqueting culture, but unfortunately, this generates a lot of food waste. Quite often, the last few dishes —meat, rice and noodles— are left virtually untouched as guests are full after indulging on earlier dishes.
Working with several banqueting houses and hotels, Foodlink collects all this surplus food from banquets, weddings and other events, and delivers the food to our beneficiaries.
Our standard procedure of banquet/event pick-up is as follows:
- Communicate the logistics with all parties before the banquet/event.
- Deliver food containers on the day before the banquet/event. All food containers must be sanitized by the hotel/restaurant before any food is stored in them.
- We can collect all dishes except fish, noodle with soup, red bean sweet soup and desserts with milk such as pudding. It would be helpful if Foodlink could review the menu in advance.
- All food that has been plated and served cannot be collected. This includes food placed in the middle of the table to be shared among the guests, or individually plated food served to guests at the table.
- The hotel/restaurant will help us store the food in their fridge overnight. We will pick up the following morning.
- All food will be delivered and served on the pick-up date. Foodlink will inform the food donor of the beneficiary's name and the weight of the food collected afterwards.
If you are interested in joining our Banquet Program, please contact us at least 10 working days before the banquet / event. You are much appreciated to connect us to the hotel/restaurant Banqueting Manager so we can work out the logistics.