How We Work
The Foodlink operation is as follows:
- The donor and recipient partners are identified and matched by Foodlink according to the needs and location.
- Foodlink finds a hotel and F&B establishment nearest to the recipient to facilitate food deliveries within the shortest amount of time thereby ensuring freshness.
- Foodlink promotes strict hygiene-safety procedures at every stage. We work very closely with the F&B Managers and Chefs at each food sponsor to identify the surplus foods that can / cannot be repackaged for donation. Easily perishable items will not be collected.
- Foodlink provide special containers for donors to store excess food that will be left for refrigeration until pick up. Upon which the food is transfered to our refrigerated vans for delivery.
- To protect the anonymity of our donors, surplus food will be packaged into Foodlink containers so recipients are unable to identify the source of the food.
- Upon delivery to the recipients, the food must be reheated according to Foodlink's food safety guidelines prior to being served on site. To ensure food safety, food donated by Foodlink strictly cannot be redistributed.
- Transactions of the food are scheduled at the same time for the same day(s) each week to ensure organization, efficiency and minimal interruption to overall operations.
Foodlink is also working in collaboration with Arome Bakery, Circle K, Hoixe Cake Shop, Maxim's Cakes and St. Honore Cake Shop to provide bread to our recipients. Successful applicants for this program are able to receive breads from a designated Maxim's bread store upon closing hour. For more information or to obtain a request form for this program, please contact: email@example.com.
Foodlink is receiving rice donations from a generous donor and will be repacking the rice into 2kg bags to be redistributed to the needy. If you would like to participate in the repackaging and distribution of the rice, please contact us.
Donor: an individual, organization or institution that donates prepared food to Foodlink Foundation.
Recipient / Beneficiary: an individual, organization or community identified as being in of food.
Please watch what our donors and beneficiaries have to say about Foodlink Foundation in our "Testimonials" section under "About Us"!